Hello Tech lovers!!! In the following section, we are going to introduce about one weird system error. Error name is whea uncorrectable error and the error code is 0xc0000124. This is fatal hardware error occurs across all Windows Operating Systems
- 1 What is the whea uncorrectable error(0xc0000124)?
- 2 What are the most common causes of the error?
- 3 How to Fix “whea uncorrectable error”?
- 3.1 1. To increase the CPU Core voltage
- 3.2 2. Disabling System overclocking
- 3.3 3. Update/Reinstall corrupted or incompatible device drivers
- 3.4 4. Fix Corrupted Windows System Files
- 3.5 5. Check and Scan Hard disk for errors
- 3.6 chkdsk /c/f/r :
- 3.7 6. Fix Corrupted Registry Files
- 3.8 Some other common causes for the whea uncorrectable error
- 4 Miscellanea
What is the whea uncorrectable error(0xc0000124)?
First of all, we will provide the abbreviation of WHEA. WHEA means Windows Hardware Error Architecture. It is the system error, which does not allow you to log in to the system. You’ll see one blue screen and top of that “Your PC ran into a problem and needs to restart. We’re just collecting some error info, and then we’ll restart for you. (0% complete)”
Error Page will be like:-
What are the most common causes of the error?
One of the simple cause for this error is system CPU is being under voltage.
You can find other probable causes as mentioned below.
- Hardware corruption: If there is any damage to the hard disk, RAM, Video Card and processer related problems
- Compatibility issues with drivers: This problem mostly occurs in systems which are having Windows 8.1 or above.
- System Overclocking: When there is an issue of overheating
- Windows Registry corruption: If Registry files are not restored, then this error will occur.
- System Files corruption: When Windows-specific files removed from the system.
How to Fix “whea uncorrectable error”?
1. To increase the CPU Core voltage
If you’re getting this error cause of under voltage, just go to BIOS settings and increase CPU Core voltage.
2. Disabling System overclocking
The System overclocking is caused due to an increase of heat. You just need to disable overclocking from your BIOS
3. Update/Reinstall corrupted or incompatible device drivers
Foremost, You’re required to identify the corrupted or incompatible drivers. After that, try to update the drivers if it is not happening, then uninstall the drivers and download the latest driver from the manufacturer website and install.
If the error occurs after installed a new application or new driver, then there is a probable cause that this new program could be causing this error. So immediately uninstall that program.
4. Fix Corrupted Windows System Files
For fixing this, you just need to scan the system files. Use the code sfc /scannow in the command prompt. It will scan your system for all its important system files, and replace where necessary. When system check and repair is completed, restart your computer and check whether it is working normally.
5. Check and Scan Hard disk for errors
To find if there is any damage to the hard disk, RAM, Video Card, you will need to scan them.
chkdsk /c/f/r :
chkdsk is the short form for check disk. chkdsk /c: It will scan the drivers. chkdsk /f: It will fix the disk errors. chkdsk /r: It will recover information from bad sectors.
Above code snippet will check any errors in the hard disk driver and it will fix the errors automatically.
6. Fix Corrupted Registry Files
To fix corrupted registry files, you’re required to use the registry cleaner. You can find free and pro versions for the registry cleaners. After installing the registry cleaners, just click on registry clean button and it will find and repair corrupted registry.
Some other common causes for the whea uncorrectable error
Sometimes internal hardware can cause the whea uncorrectable error.
- In some cases, CPU may have a dust. Try to open CPU and clean it carefully.
- Take out RAM card and put it again.
- Clean Cooling fan and hard disk.
Hope you guys thoroughly enjoyed while reading the above article. And hope it is very helpful to you. If you have any suggestions and would like to add some more contents please do comment below. Please do provide your valuable comments. Thanks for Reading!!!