This page is about how to open or play SWF files on Mac and Windows using Chrome, Adobe Flash Player or VLC Media Player. We’ve provided you the 3 different methods and 100% working on any computer.
What is SWF file:
The .SWF (ShockWave Flash) files are flash videos that function as animation on the web. It’s basically created for online web-based games or videos. Browers from these days are not supporting to open an SWF file, No pre-installed SWF Player.
To open these type of files, device should be installed with any SWF Player or Adobe Flash Player or Chrome extension. This guide will explains you how to do that for you, please follow methods as given below.
Method 1: How to Play SWF Files in Chrome
Part 1: Install Adobe Flash Player
Please check your chrome browser is installed with Adobe Flash or not. If not, download and install it from here.
Once, you’ve done with installation please enable Adobe flash player in Chrome. See how?
Copy this link (chrome://settings/content) and paste it on Chrome’s address bar and hit the enter. You’ll redirected to Chrome content settings page.
Click on “Flash” option.
Turn on “Ask first(Recommendation)”.
Part 2: Open SWF file
- Right-Click on particular SWF file.
- Click on “Open with”.
- Choose “Chrome”.
- Now, it’ll automatically open on Chrome.
Tip: To set a default opener for all SFW files. Properties -> Open with -> Change -> select Chrome.
Method 2: How to Play/Open SWF files on Windows PC Using SWF Player.
If you’re a game lover and want to play SWF games on Windows. Then you might have a try SWF Player rather than using a browser.
There are many players available online but SWF File Player is the one of the best one.
- Play any SWF file .
- It’s a open source software, no licence required, and free to use.
- It provides you all metadata tags such as filename, signature, file length, and also frame width, height, rate and count.
- Full screen mode.
How to download and install:
- Download SWF File Player from this link.
- Go to download location and click to install the file.
- Install it as like any other Windows software.
- Once the installation is done, make sure check your system requirements. They are the .NET Framework and ShockWave Flash Object.
- Now, go to apps and find SWF File Player. Open it.
- You can see its window.
- Go to File and click the Open.
- Browse the SWF file from your computer which you want to open.
- In the next window, you can its metadata tags.
- Now, Click the Play button.
- It will automatically play on it.
Method 3: How to Play SWF on Mac
The fact is, SWF files can’t open on Mac devices. So, you need to download a third-party player to Play SWF files on Mac.
Even, Chrome don’t support to play SWF file. Don’t waste your time on it.
Part 1: Download and Install Elmedia Player.
- Visit Official website for Elmedia Player, click here.
- Click on Download button, blue colored.
- Go to Downloads, find an “elmediaplayer.dmg” file and click to install.
- Double-Click on Elmedia Player app to open.
Part 2: How to open a file on it.
- Now, Drang your SWF file into Elmedia Player or use short cut keys (Command+o) to open.
- Right on your SWF file and click on “Open with Elmedia Player”.
These are the helpful methods to open SWF files in Chrome, Windows, and Mac. If you still can’t open your file then you may downloaded the corrupted file.