You’re well known about how to download and install apps which are on Samsung Apps Section. It could be better if you how to Install Third party apps on Samsung Smart TV.
For installing the Third Party Applications on Samsung Smart TV, you’re required to use a computer. It can be achieved only with the help of Computer.
Please make sure that, your computer and a TV connected to the same and active internet connection. And also install the apk file which you want to run on Smart TV.
adbLink: It’s a software by which you can establish a connection between Smart TV and Computer.
Click here to download adbLink Software.
Before going to the actual procedure, you need to turn on the Developer Mode Options.
- Turn on your Smart TV
- Go to Smart HUB
- Ater that Click on Apps
- Now you’ll be asked to enter the pin, with help of Remote enter ‘12345’(It is a default code for all Samsung Smart TVs)
- Once you entered the code, Developer Mode configuration popup appears on your screen.
- Just toggle “Developer Mode” to “On”
- When you open the apps panel after the restart, DEVELOP MODE is marked at the top of the screen.
Adding Third-Party apps to Samsung TV
- To establish the connection between TV and Computer, you’ll have to find out the IP of TV.
- Go to Settings —> Network —> Wireless —> Information —> IP Address. Write down the IP somewhere else. For my system, IP address will be 192.168.1.101.
- Now open your Computer and go to Command Prompt.
- Type the command adb connect 192.168.1.101(IP of your TV). After that, prompt will show connected to 192.168.1.101:5555
- Next, run the command install E\install.apk(file location of the app where you’ve saved
- Hold for some time, it’ll appear as success in prompt.
- With this, you successfully sideloaded the application on your Samsung Smart TV.
- Now go to the smart hub and then apps, to find the application which you have added.
- Select the app and Press enter with the help of Remote.
- To disconnect your TV from PC, fire the command adb disconnect 192.168.1.101(IP of your TV)
Method 2: Install Apps on Samsung using Firestick and APKBuilds
This method is different and costly. If you’ve already have a firestick then you can try this method. If not, i recommed to buy one for you because Firestick makes your Samsung TV like movie hub.
- Please connect the Firestck to your TV using USB port.
- Click on Search box on your firestick located in top left side.
- Type “Downloader” and hit enter.
- Download and install the Downloader app on your Firestick.
- Open Downloader.
- Click on Browser.
- Visit this Android APK Store: APKBuilds
- Tap on “Aptoide TV”
- Download Aptoide TV from it.
- Install it on your Smart TV.
- Aptoide TV has lots of Samsung TV application that offer large collection of movies and tv shows.
Likewise, you need to follow the steps for any third party app to install on Smart TV. It is always fun and interesting to run your favourite app on the TV. If you’re facing any issue while adding an app, please do comment below. We’ll coordinate with concerned peer and get it resolved. Happy Reading!!!